

It was home to a hospital and still keeps intact the castle square of the fifteenth century, but built on an existing fortification of X. Some place names in the area refer to the Crusades, as the Tomb of the Crusader and the Rock of Orlando, broken in two by the rider according to legend.



The church of San Terenzo dates from the seventeenth century. Altered
between 1740 and 1922, owes its current appearance to a reconstruction of 1919. The late Baroque style interior is rectangular in shape with a transept and side chapels. In the apse is a relief depicting St. Fabian, Roch and Sebastian of the sixteenth century.



From the beach, well above the castle and the castle of Lerici, you can see the steeple of the village church, dedicated to the Nativity of the Virgin Mary dating from the seventeenth century, with works by Domenico and Domenico Gar Fiasella.In the nineteenth century, stayed in the Villa Magni, on the promenade, the famous English poets Shelley and Byron.


No comments:
Post a Comment